Thursday, January 18, 2007

My first post... I think I'll begin with a little bit about myself.

I was born in SLC, but have grown up in Provo all my life. My mom is from Menlo Park, California, and my dad is from San Marcos, Guatemala. That's where I get my golden brown. They met on their missions in Ecuador, came here to BYU, were married and there's that.
I was second born after my older sister, Olivia. She loves avocados. She's 21 and is presently serving in the Dominican Republic. She is the responsible one. And the Graphic Design major.
After her of course, was me. I'm the pre-mission Animation major.
Then my brother, Calvin, who is 17, a senior at Provo High and a whiz with words. In fact, he's probably going to end up pointing out all my grammatical and punctual flaws. But I don't mind. He's the prospecive linguistics major.

Then came Josie, the classic middle child. She's 15, a Freshman, and an amazing cellist.
Carmen is the day-dreamer. Constantly having to be refocused, worrying about minor things, and an amazing artist. Classic ADD, and yet she pulled of a 4.0 her first term of 7th grade. We still can't believe it.
Number six was Maya. Almost the complete opposite of Carmen. She doesn't miss a beat; she's responsible and smart but a drama queen. It's amazing how down-to-earth she can be one minute, and then how overly dramatic the next. And yet, if you don't know where something is in the house, she can tell you where it is.

To top it off is almost six-year-old Ashton. Amazingly smart, but impulsive. A fantastic reader, and yet almost dyslexic. It's first grade, and he still can't consistently keep most letters facing the right way. Which also doesn't make sense because he's practically a child prodigy artistically. He was so excited today to show his Crayola Color Change Markers for show-and-tell.

And that's pretty much how it goes. Quite the combination to say the least...

No comments: